Sunday, November 9, 2008

Last blog post

At the beginning of this semester, I was pondering about which modules should I take. I thought about whether this module was suitable for me. My first impression was that this module should be rather useful and practical since it would be teaching on how to write resumes and handle job interviews. On the other hand, I was also aware that the workload of this module would be rather heavy since there would not be a final exam as most of the assessment would be done through ongoing assignments.

True enough, it turns out that this module is very useful indeed and I managed to pick up a lot of skills and knowledge. Besides knowing how to write resumes and handle job interviews, I have also learned on how to give a good and effective presentation and other non-verbal communication skills. Even though the research project was tough indeed, I was glad that I had also gained some skills and considerations on how to produce a good report.

This module is one of the most enjoyable modules that I had taken so far in varsity. I enjoyed the interaction for the module as it allowed me to gain more insights through the different opinions and viewpoints being shared by everyone. I would also like to thank Brad for sharing with us some of his interesting experiences and anecdotes which helped to reinforce the communications concepts which were being taught.

I think this module would not have been so enjoyable without each and everyone of you. I'm glad that I got to meet new people through this module although it is regrettable that I did not have the opportunity to get to know everyone better. Now that this module is drawing to an end, I would like to wish everyone all the best in their final exams and their future endeavours :)

14 comments:

Angeline said...

Hi Wei Kwan,

Woah, it's tough to make comments on every person's blog! You are the tenth person that I'm going to comment on and I feel that I'm running out of ideas :p Now I can fully appreciate Brad's efforts in commenting on everyone's blog :) Anyway, I agree that we didn't really have the chance to know one another in the class better. Go for after-class-lunch on Friday! :)

joyce said...

Hey yo Wei Kwan!

Unlike you, I was not really aware that the workload for this module would be heavy before I took it. Haha.. I took this module because some friends recommended it and yes! It's exam-free! :p


Anyway, it's my last chance to tell you, I think you look a bit like the 7-up guy you know? I think he's called Fido Dido. Hmm. Xp

So, are you going to let us hear the songs you have written? And you can get to know everyone slightly better if you come for class lunch on Friday!

Tiffany said...

YO Weikwan!

Joyce seems to be really excited about class lunch on friday! haha and you could spice up our "fun-and-games" by singing something for us too.

Like Joyce, I took this module because it was strongly recommended by friends and also no exam! And now that it's come to an end, it will be my turn to strongly recommend this module to my friends.

Like you, I enjoy listening to Brad's anecdotes because it adds personal touches and makes lessons more enjoyable!

I think its time for some of our professors to take this module too. haah!

Lyon said...

Hi Wei Kwan,

Now that Joyce mentioned it, I agree that you do look like Fido Dido! So funny!

What strikes me the most about you is probably your height! You're the tallest dude in our class!

Similar to Joyce, I was not aware of the workload for this module as that was never my concern. I simply took it because it's practical and it prepares me for my job application in the future! I hope everyone has benefited enough from this module to get their dream job! When that happens, let's all meet up again and catch up with each other!

weiren said...

Hey buddy,

Working with you brought a different prospect the way people perform task. I am glad that we were able to work out the difference in ideology and came up with the report. That is after all, one of the aim of the module, allowing one to work with each other.

It's been a pleasure working with you. Good luck with your FYP.

Cheers

Hui Xuan said...

Hey Wei Kwan,

I agree with Weiren. "Working with you brought a different prospect the way people perform task." And Thanks for being understanding towards me. (:

All the best for your FYP!

PS: I really like the examples you have given in the LOA as you are able to link all the examples to your favourite colour! LOL

Wei Kwan said...

Hi Angeline,

Wow, that's so nice of you to leave comments on every person's blog :) It must be pretty tiring for you. You must really creative to have new ideas to post in everyone's blog. Keep it going !

Wei Kwan said...

Hey Joyce,

Another good point about this module is that there is no exams ! :)

Well, you are not the first one to tell me that. I guess I'm too skinny. I have been waiting for someone to tell me that my eyes are really really small :D

Wei Kwan said...

Hey Tiffany,

Well, singing is not really my forte. We can spice things up through other stuff. Haha :D

Wei Kwan said...

Hey Lyon,

Yeh, I wish I can put on more weight in addition to my height. Right now, I really think I look like a bamboo stick (:

I hope everyone will get their dream job too :D

Wei Kwan said...

Hey Huixuan and Weiren,

It really gives me tremendous pleasure in working with both of you. We were still able to deliver the goods in the end despite of our differences in ideologies and viewpoints and that makes it even sweeter (:

I see the strengths in both of you such as being thorough and meticulous and not to mention the amount of effort that both of you had placed in our group project. This are strengths which I lacked and I will always bear that in mind for my future projects :D

wjyen said...

Haha
Swt wif reference to lyon's comment, im am like your contrast, the shortest guy in da class. And youngest too !! i think, well i should be. Anyway i would like to add on to what has been said in this comment section.

For once i ENJOY doing the homework/tasks given to us. we can actually feel that this would be useful to us in the future and not the boring lectures that you will most likely forget once u finish the exams. If only all modules were like this :(

sigh a dream that would not come true :(

Brad Blackstone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad Blackstone said...

Thanks, Wei Kwan, for this final post. It's interesting to see your thought process for taking the module.

I'm glad the course has proven useful to you and that you feel that you have picked up some valuable skills. I really appreciate you guys who trek over from Engineering to join this particular learning community. I can tell by the interaction on this post that it has been valuable to you in more ways than one.

All the best to you for the future, in your engineering career, music and other areas!